Thursday, January 18, 2007

November 11-14 Vladimir Conference

It was wonderful to come home. I had not been in Vladimir for almost a year and a half. It was great to be back in the city where I spent a large portion of my childhood. Unfortunately, I was tied up with the conference. The cite of the conference was several miles outside of the city. I did not get a chance to look around or see friends.

The theme of this conference was how to reach out to children who are at risk. I was excited to see just under three hundred Russians and foreigners gather together to discuss a topic that is so near and dear to my heart. Generally, I thought the conference was all right. It was not what I expected. I was glad that I had the opportunity to help with logistics. Now that I know more about the background of the conference, I have a greater respect and appreciation for how the conference turned out.

No comments: