Thursday, January 18, 2007

November 15-17 Aids Conference

Directly following the conference for children at risk was a conference on AIDS. Specifically, this conference was geared towards faith based organizations who address and combat the issue of AIDS in Russia. Russia currently has the largest percentage of AIDS growth in the world; more than Africa, more than Asia. AIDS is spreading like wildfire through the country.

Pavel, Sergi and I pictured at the AIDS conference

Unlike the children at risk conference, I did not really get a chance to attend any of the lectures. I volunteered to help with the logistics and operation of the conference. One of my closest friends in Russia, Sergei Sokolov was the designated driver for the conference. I had the privilege of spending many hours with him in our van being the navigator on Moscow’s torturous roads.

No comments: