Thursday, January 18, 2007

November 18-19 Kiev, Ukraine

I had never been to the Ukraine before. I have several Ukrainian friends and I have heard much about this country located so close to Russia. I was traveling with the Vice President of Russian Ministries on a scouting trip. For the past few months I have been in open dialogue with Russian Ministries regarding my future and I was invited to see their ministry in the Ukraine.

I was very impressed. Russian Ministries has a very dynamic ministry in this former Soviet Republic. They have recently purchased an old bakery. They plan to turn it into a center where they can train and raise up the next generation of Ukrainian Christian leaders. I met most of Russian Ministries in Kiev staff. After spending several hours with these men, it was apparent how much these men really loved the Lord. I am pictured with Vitali in Maidan Nezalezhnosti. This square, meaning independence, is the center of Kiev.

I also attended a large church in Kiev. Ukrainian is just slightly different than Russian. It is different enough that I can only understand every fifth or sixth word. Listening to the service was quite a challenge. Ukrainian is easier to read. They have more Latin letters in their alphabet.

No comments: