Thursday, January 18, 2007

November 27 Travel to Naltchik

Getting to Naltchik was no small chore. I woke up before five in the morning. Then I went to the train station in Vladimir to catch the morning express train. Unfortunately, there were no tickets available. I was forced to take the bus. Now the bus takes longer than the train and I was not guaranteed that I would make my flight.

When I arrived in Moscow, I sprinted to the Metro. Once in the metro, I had to travel around half the city to another train. I made it to the Train Station where I would be taking the express train to the Airport. Praise the Lord, I made it with time to spare and I was off to the airport. At the airport, the gate for my departure got mixed up and I about missed my flight. I figured where I needed to go and waited at the gate. Vnukova airport is a little bit ghetto. You have to walk to a bus and then drive out to the plane. Upon arrival at the plane, I saw the stairs to the front of the plane and got on. How could I have been so mistaken. The front was for VIP passengers or as we call them in America, Business Class passengers. They made me walk down and then back around to the back of the plane. The weather was really bad. We did not have much visibility and it was raining. I was shocked that when I sat down in my seat, I kept feeling water on my face. The plane was leaking. Every other window had a slow drip of water flowing into the cabin. I asked the stewardess about it and she said that it was "condensation." Finally, I we got in the air and I was on my way to the Caucuses.

Seeing the plane, which door would you be inclined to use?





Yea, the one with the little built in stairs in the back.
That is what I thought too.

No comments: